- Bill Gates first sold software for IBM, but he wasn’t the first to develop software.
- Ray Kroc from McDonalds was first to open a fast-food chain, but he wasn’t the first to think of the fast-food concept.
- Henry Ford was first to build cars for the masses, but he wasn’t the first person to build cars.
- Jeff Bezos was the first person to sell books via the Internet, but he wasn’t the first person to sell books.
- Sergey Brin and Larry Page were first to deliver quality online searches through their unique algorithm, but they were not the first to offer search.
- Steve Jobs was the first person to offer personal computers with a graphical interface to the masses, but he wasn’t the first to sell a personal computer. Later, he became the first to offer phones with large touchscreen, but he wasn’t the first person to produce a phone.
- Elon Musk was the first person to create an elite electric car, but he didn’t build the first electric car. Later, he became first to build a reusable rocket, but he wasn’t the first rocket builder, etc.
When you’re the first person to solve a certain pain, people spread the word very fast, and you grow like crazy.
When I started the Growth Hacking Idea newsletter, I wasn’t the first source of knowledge about growth hacking. I wasn’t even the first to offer a growth-hacking newsletter. There was a newsletter written by Sean Ellis – the person who coined the term “growth hacking” – and a newsletter from 500 Startups, one of the world’s TOP 3 business accelerators.
But I was the first to deliver short growth-hacking ideas every day.
When you look at the market now, everything seems to be dominated by giants.
But when you look more closely, you can see tons of ways to be the first – even in the current market:
- You can be the first on Google. Neil Patel’s blog generates over 1M visits/month from Google.
- You can be the first on the AppStore and Google Play. This is the only marketing strategy of Evernote – they’re always the first app with a new iOS or Android version.
- You can be the first to gather an email community and deliver short, to-the-point practical tips on a certain topic you love.
- You can be the first in a certain country or language.
There are various ways to be the first to solve a problem.
A bunch of people have discovered ways to be the first and how to leverage this knowledge to gain maximum results. And some of these people share their knowledge. The best part is that all you need to do is apply this knowledge to your own niche and save tens of years of trial and error.
Say Hello on Whatsapp, we will call you
Get a professional website in 24 hours here https://webstart.ng